Pokemon Dream Radar

Discussions related to the second duo to take place in Unova belong here.

Pokemon Dream Radar

Postby Turt » 21 Oct 2012, 21:08

What does everyone think about Dream Radar, the 3DS app that allows you to Cary various Pokemon to send to your B/W 2 game? Did you like it, or was too simple and dull?

Honestly, I have enjoyed it, regardless of how simple it is. Sure, I'd never play it just for fun, because it isn't, but it's been a really great tool for helping complete the Pokédex. I only have 5 Pokemon left to get from Dream Radar (Togepi, Rotom, Slowpoke, Beldum, and something else that escapes my memory right now). So once I have them all, the game will likely never be played again. But for $3.10, it served a great purpose in saving me time on catching all the Pokemon that I got off it. Professor Burnett also grew on me, but why, I can't tell. So I think calling "fun" or "interesting" might be a stretch, but it's certainly handy.
Nintendo Network ID: Turt15 | 3DS FC: 0516 7351 1570 | YouTube Channel
Turt
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Pokemon Dream Radar

Postby brennan88 » 21 Oct 2012, 21:33

I very much enjoy the game. I do wish there was more variety of Pokemon to get though.
I need to get Smoochum, Togepi, Rotom, Beldum, Slowpoke, Spiritomb, Sigiylph, Landorus and the Gen IV DS insert legendary Pokemon.
Currently Playing: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - 1st/2nd best 3DS game by far
Darksiders 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
The Denpa Men
Random avatar
brennan88
Soul Badge
Soul Badge

Postby Rayquaza » 21 Oct 2012, 23:37

Turt wrote:But for $3.10, it

What $3.10...? I had to pay $3.90, no fair...

Simple? yes. Good? yes. Useful? yes.
Seems to tick all the boxes, I quite like it. They originally said that this Dream Radar was going to be free for every purchase, but $3.90 aint bad. I mainly got it for Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Ho-oh, Lugia, Spiritomb, Rotom, the Therian form trio and some cool items (Sacred Ash, Life Orb, Focus Sash, King's Rock, Max Revive, Rare Candy, PP Up, Heart Scale and all evolutionary stones).

For those who may not know, your can get Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Ho-oh and Lugia when you have either Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold or SoulSilver game cards in the Game Slot. Match the games to their respective legendaries.
Rayquaza
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Postby Pigeon Mitch » 22 Oct 2012, 05:16

I think it's great. I got it for $3.90, as well. The idea of getting legendaries reminds me of DPPt and the GBA insertion Pokémon. I think it's great that they brought back the idea, and it's definitely addictive. I still think it's great, regardless that I've finished it. There's also lots to do, and maybe they may add more to it later.
Pigeon Mitch
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Turt » 22 Oct 2012, 05:38

My mistake, it is indeed $3.90. My biggest problem is it's unreliable when you're looking for a specific Pokemon. Even when I make sure I'm on the correct orb level, I can't seem to catch the actual Pokemon I want.

I did like the Gen IV insertion idea. Because getting Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Lugia and Ho-oh all in 5 minutes saved me time in the long run, and pit me that much closer to my Pokédex completion goal.
Turt
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Whiggy » 22 Oct 2012, 15:08

I think it's awful. I hate it so much. To me, I paid $3.90 for the Kami trio in Therian forme, not for Dream Radar (which, frankly, is probably the only reason people actually bought this game). I think the whole being forced to wait for clouds to appear frustrated me the most. It felt like one of those free mobile games, such as Tiny Tower, but instead of it being free, I paid to wait. It's a nice junk generator, but now that I've got Landorus I don't think I'll go back too often.
Currently playing:
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.
- Bravely Default.
Whiggy
Storm Badge
Storm Badge

Postby Pigeon Mitch » 22 Oct 2012, 16:34

There are other upsides. All the Pokémon received from it have there Dream World abilities, save for Rotom. Think about it this way; you paid $60-$70 to go onto the Global Link to be able to use it, and you have one hour in the Dream World, per 24 hours. Whereas dream clouds, depending on your upgrades, take only 70 or so minutes, and you can use up to 15 Play Coins a day to find more clouds. It also gives you some rare items, such as Sacred Ash, which you can't get in Gen V, from what I know.
Pigeon Mitch
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cobalte » 22 Oct 2012, 19:45

I've played this on my boyfriend's 3DS, and though fun, can I just say:

"clouds will never appear behind you" is an absolute and utter lie
Random avatar
Cobalte
Marsh Badge
Marsh Badge

Postby Emmeris » 27 Nov 2012, 21:39

Hey can anyone give any tips on how to utilize the Dream Radar to it's fullest because so far the only pokemon I've got were a Sigilipgh and 6 Riolu.

Emmeris
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby Turt » 27 Nov 2012, 21:49

Here's a handy tip! The type if Pokemon you find depend on your dream orb level. All this means is the colour of the dream orb that sits next to your number of dream orbs. So like, if you had 50, with a pink orb sitting next to it, your level is pink.

How you change your level is simple, your dream orb level depends on what colour orb you shot the most of last round. So if you shot orbs mainly while they were pink, that's why your dream orb level is pink. To change it, you simply have to make sure you hit the colour orb you want more than any other colour. So shoot greens mainly in a round, then your level will be green for next time.
Turt
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Black & White 2 Versions